- This event has passed.
Make May Day Posies at the New England Botanic Garden
April 29 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Enjoy the ancient tradition of observing May Day with flowers. Learn how to make flower posies and how to grow your own unusual spring flowers on April 29. Each participant will make three flower posies (without floral foam) to bring home and secretly gift to your friends or neighbors.
Please bring floral scissors/clippers to class.
Instructor: Mary Beth Hayes
Mary Beth is an avid gardener and floral designer who began studying floral design so she could bring the beauty of the garden into her home. She has taken classes with the Mass Horticultural Society and Cass School of Floral Design in Watertown. She has studied with noted floral designers Francoise Weeks, Holly Chapple, and Hitomi Gilliam. Mary Beth loves to share the techniques she’s learned with others so we can all “play with flowers” and create beautiful, natural flower arrangements and more.
$75 Member Adult; $90 Adult; $100 Adult Pair (includes admission to the Garden)
If you register as a PAIR you will receive ONE SET of supplies. A pair ticket is designed for two people to work together to make ONE PROJECT.
To register for a class:
- Please log in or create an account. Log In/Create Account is in the bar at the top right of the page.
- Return to the class you wish to attend.
- If you have not already done so, you will need to scroll to the bottom of the page and add attendees. You will need to add yourself and anyone else you wish to register.
- If you have already done this, the attendees will be listed below and simply check the box next to the desired attendees.
- If you need assistance, please contact the Registrar at 508-869-6111 x174 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.